Log in

No account? Create an account
I have a question, or is it more of a problem? I want to have a… - Pagan Fellowship [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
Pagan Fellowship

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

[Mar. 12th, 2007|08:39 am]
Pagan Fellowship
[Current Location |work]
[music |whatever is playing on the radio]

I have a question, or is it more of a problem?

I want to have a handfasting with my hunny, but do I need an actual priest/priestess to do it, or can I use someone that is very dear to me and is the most level headed person I know?
I just wish to know, so that, if I need a priest/priestess, I can find one in time.

Thanks very much.


[User Picture]From: skylark913
2007-03-12 02:07 pm (UTC)
It depends. What country do you live in? And do you want it recognized by the government? I know here in the US you would need an ordained Priest/Priestess to perform the ceremony, or at least oversee it, if you want to have a marriage liscence and have it recognized by the government.
(Reply) (Thread)
From: blue_angel_babe
2007-03-12 02:18 pm (UTC)
I live in Canada, and we just want it for us. It's only a year and a day one.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: skylark913
2007-03-12 04:12 pm (UTC)
If it's just for you, then go with the someone who is very dear to you. The only reason it would absolutely need to be performed by an ordained Priest/ess would be if it need to be legally recognized. But since it's just for you, it will certainly be not only okay, but more fulfilling for you to have someone close do the ceremony.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)